Thursday, February 18, 2010

Roof snow removal

Yesterday I did some needed snow removal on the roof.
This is the over the second story of the church enterance:






The next picture is over the third floor. We live on the third floor. Blowing snow ends up curling over the sides of the building and it builds up over time to be quite dangerous if it all fell at once on someone. So, I cut it off the side little by little:






Next pic: Where's the roof? It's there under all that snow! We have a concave style roof with a drain gutter in the center. The snow builds up in it til it's full then most of the snow blows off the roof. But when the snow starts to build up higher than the roofs edge then it need some attention!





Today I need to go at it again to complete the job! Whew!! That stuff can wear a person out!
AND! The job is not done until the shoveled off snow is cleaned up from three stories below!!! I am glad this is the first time (and maybe last time) of doing this for this winter!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. WOWIE! I CAN NOT BELIEVE THE AMOUNT OF SNOW YOU HAVE (HAD)! Yikes. You must have some serious biceps by now. ;)

    ReplyDelete